Sunday, July 16, 2006

I fought the law and the law won...


Well...I didn't really fight...

Spent a very nice afternoon with friends in Regents Park sunning ourselves and enjoying one anothers company...

I joined one of them for church at All Souls and then decided to wander home. I dandered around Oxford Circus, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square...and then took a right thinking I'd walk in behind Horse Guards and back through to Whitehall where I'd get a bus home. This is the kind of sauntering about that I hope to do a lot more of this summer...

At the top of the Mall there is a memorial to commemorate police officers who have died over the years so I had a look at the list and was unsurprised to see the words "Royal Ulster Constabulary" aplenty... Suddenly a load of police appeared, seemingly out of nowhere and a van pulled up next to me. A police officer came over to me and said hello in that loaded way that can only come from a uniformed mouth... There'd been a report of a man with a weapon in the area into which I had wandered. Its such a funny thing to think that as far as these guys knew I was as likely to be...ahem...packing heat...as the next guy... The word 'suspect' was even used as they frisked me... The funniest part was when the police officer said to me, "I don't think you're who we're looking for". He didn't seem to realise that I was already well aware of that...

So that was all very bizarre and amusing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...