Friday, February 18, 2011

My Friend Laura

Whenever I first went to Sierra Leone in 2008 I spent the first two months of my fourteen month stint serving as part of that summer's Global Intern program. That program was led by two Floridians who would become good friends of mine, Scott and Laura. Laura joined Children of the Nations as a staff writer shortly after this trip and it has been great to work with her as she seeks to tell our children's stories.

She's been popping up on-line of late and so I thought I would introduce you...

First up, here is a video of that 2008 Internship we both shared. Magnificent photographs taken by her now husband, Scott.

Sierra Leone Summer from Laura Brost Cook on Vimeo.


Some more great images, this time taken in Malawi and Uganda.

A Writing Trip with Children of the Nations from Laura Brost Cook on Vimeo.


And finally here is an interview she recently gave - offers some pretty good insights in to what Children of the Nations is all about!



For more on what Children of the Nations does check out the website.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...